Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Busily Annoyed



Does anyone else find it obnoxious that a man and a woman, married, still have to work 40+ hours to make ends meet these days? What happened to a time when the woman had a choice to stay home and cook/clean and the man went to work for just 40 hours? I'm not saying that's my ideal lifestyle either, but I DO feel like Thom and I are running circles around this house trying not to trip over each other whenever we're home at the same time. Which is far and in between.


Sunday: Technically OFF work. But get to church at 8:30 AM, set up everything in a gym, Thom leads service, tear everything down afterward (get done around 1:00), band practice from 2-4, and THEN we get to enjoy our day off.

Monday: Day off. But we spend the whole day getting all the house work done or errands taken care of. Hopefully we have time to have date night in the end

Tuesday: Work morning, come home, run, eat, Tuesday night group with Friends.

Wednesday-Saturday: Don't see Thom. He works from 9-9:30. I scramble to get housework done, weekly errands ran, go running, walk three dogs, make glass beads for more side cash, all before I work at 2.

Back to Sunday.

This has made our weeks go by like crazy. I feel like I never have time to reflect or plan. Life's just passing me by. I'm just getting a little tired of it.

Is there a way to stop this momentum force?

Sell the house, grow my own food, and knit my own socks. I'll take it. I could have more dogs ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment